- Use of the trance state of hypnosis to achieve therapeutic change.
- Opening a direct communication link with your subconscious.
- Helping you to gain control of your mind and actions.
When in the relaxed state of hypnosis you use the same part of your brain that:
- Creates dreams.
- Stores memories.
- Develops fantasies.
- Guides and steers you subconsciously towards certain actions and deters you from others.
Consider for a moment the power of memories and how you learn:
- Some memories are so powerful they create an immediate subconscious lesson – burning your hand on a cooker hob ensures you never even think of touching it again.
- Other memories are empowered through repetition, like learning how to change gear when we drive.
The subconscious mind assumes what it has learnt is helpful unless it learns or is told otherwise. Often we learn negative behaviours or habits and this is where hypnosis can help.
Hypnotherapy helps you to train your subconscious to make the changes you have consciously chosen. Change becomes possible as soon as the subconscious and conscious mind are working in harmony.